I’m back. And I’m panicking. Remember I promised you I would? How well did you fare on your resolutions? Last year, the group of friends that I went to dinner with each made a note of their resolution for the year. They gave it to me for safekeeping and I have since lost it. Sorry guys 😦 . Will do a frantic search for it tomorrow.
I started this Blog in February and have since posted about 70 times, I’ve made a crazy amount of great blog friends, got over 200 followers, signed up for Instagram and Twitter and have fallen more deeply in love with food. One of the features of this blog is to make a list of my Food Resolutions for the year – things I wanted to do or try that were food related. You can check out that page here.
I haven’t actually completed all (hence the panicking) so today and tomorrow I’ll be trying to finish some of the remaining things – I’ll bust out the slow cooker, try that caviar, and drink two smoothies. My updates for each 2014 item are on the Food Resolution page if you’d like to check them out. The other things I’ve missed will be rolling over to 2015. Give me a break…it was only a couple 🙂
So without further ado, I’d like to unveil my 2015 Food Resolution List!
- Have a Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Social
- Make my own Dim Sum
- Go Vegan for a Month – As you may remember, I went Vegetarian for a month this year. I’m stepping it up and going Vegan in January. Rabin and I have signed up with Veganuary and if you’re interested, sign up too and let me know! I have a feeling I may need some solidarity and support. Cheese is my life.
- Increase the amount of Fish I eat – From virtually zero *blushes*
- Learn to cook Scallops
- Use up ingredients in my pantry that have been there for 6 months or more – Nut oils, vinegars, seasonings, spice rubs, etc.
- Bake one Bread per month
- Create a signature pasta sauce
- BBQ once per month & get more comfortable with it
- Use my Molecular Gastronomy set
- Do a Tapas night
- Try my Herb garden again
- Grow my own Alfalfa Sprouts / Mung Beans (again)
- Learn to make Lamb Curry
- Learn to make Cookup
- Learn to make Roti / Naan
- Host another Dinner Party!
Wish me luck. And to my friends who follow this blog and always meet my crazy event ideas with enthusiasm and gusto – kindly plan accordingly 🙂